My name is Ida Goeckel and when i’m not falling off my bicycle and breaking my arm or getting into a car accident, I am a two-time breast cancer survivor. Initially diagnosed in 2003, Roswell Park Cancer Institute’s Breast Care Clinic and Radiology staff provided me a second opinion that led to exploring my options with caring, compassion treatment and understanding that gave me hope for a new future. Because I did my own research, combined with their input, I was able to empower myself to make informed decisions regarding my care. In an effort to show my graditude, I organized the Female Musicians Fighting Breast Cancer Benefit so that others, who maybe needed more support and guidance, could gain the benefit of the services offered at the WNY Breast Resource Center at Roswell Park. It has been both humbling and healing to have founded this benefit. I promise you that my efforts will never stop as long as there are breast cancer patients and survivors who rely on the knowledge, resources, and support of this center. I have made it my mission to raise monies that go directly to this specific area at Roswell. Patient care, coupled with self-advocacy and empowerment is just as important as research to find a cure. Over the past 12 years, we have been able to raise over $26,000.00. It goes without saying that i don’t put a fundraising and awareness endeavor like this together all by myself. I view myself as merely the facilitator that watches as her idea comes to fruition every year. This fundraiser receives no financial corporate sponsorship, but it is a collaborative community-sponsored event by all those who have a hand in making it happen. None of this would be possible without the help and support of the following people, whom I’d like to take the time now to thank from the bottom of my heart:
1. MY HANDFUL OF EXTREMELY DEDICATED VOLUNTEERS:
- MARGARET FREIERT – TICKET TAKER/DOORPERSON/EVENT DAY COORDINATOR/SANITY KEEPER/ SET UP
- NINA GRACE AND CATHY GRACE – BREAST CANCER PINS MAKER
- SAMANTHA GORDON – RAFFLE GIRL/SET UP/50/50 SALES
- BONNIE MERTZ – SET UP/MANNING TABLES/RAFFLE SALES
- DANIEL GORDON – THE BEST MC EVER
- NANCY HOELZL – SET UP/BALLOONS
- NADINE MACKEY/JOE – SET UP
- VIN GOECKEL – GEAR SET UP/ROADIE/TECH/STAGE MGT
- JOHNATHAN GRACE – SET UP/SALES
- LISA STUART – RAFFLE SALES, DECORATING, RAFFLE PRIZE VERIFIER
- JAIME SUTTER – SET UP AND RAFFLE SALES/ 50/50 SALES
- DAWN CLAYBURG – SET UP
2. VINNY LESH – OWNER/MANAGER THE FORVM FOR HIS GENEROSITY IN DONATING HIS VENUE, SOUND, AND LIGHTS AS WELL AS SEVERAL AMENITIES/GUIDANCE TO ENSURE THE EVENING WENT SMOOTHLY. HE WAS A PLEASURE TO WORK WITH, AS IS HIS STAFF. ALSO THANKS GREG BURT ON SOUND AND LIGHTS! GREAT JOB!
3. ROSWELL PARK’S ALLIANCE FOUNDATION AND TEAM CURE/JULIA HARVEY – FOR THE SANCTIONING OF THIS EVENT AND HELP WITH PROMOTIONS AND DECORATIONS.
4. BILL BATES (CARINA AND THE SIX STRING PREACHER) – DONATING THE DRUM BACK LINE
5. STEPHANIE PETKO – FOR HER HAND CRAFTED OWLS MADE ESPECIALLY FOR THIS EVENT
6. TO ALL THE PERFORMING BANDS: THE ELLEN PIERONI QUARTET, CARINA AND THE SIX STRING PREACHER, THE INSTIGATORS, AND RANDLE AND THE LATE NIGHT SCANDALS! WHAT A GREAT, SUPPORTIVE, SELFLESS, TOP NOTCH LINEUP OF TALENT!!
7. KATIE HILDRETH/NOIZEPRO.COM – THIS YEAR’S OUTSTANDING POSTER DESIGN AND WEB SITE DESIGN AND MAINTENANCE, FACEBOOK PAGE AND PROMOTION.
8. PHOTOGRAPHER, LEE HOFFMAN, FOR DONATING HIS TIME TO TAKE EVENT DAY PICTURES!
9. THE FOLLOWING BUSINESSES/INDIVIDUALS WHO GENEROUSLY CONTRIBUTED EITHER DONATED SERVICES OR RAFFLE PRIZES IN ORDER TO ENSURE A SUCCESSFUL FUNDRAISING EFFORT: Tops Markets, Joe/Allentown Music, Jayme/Guitar Factory, Chip/Guitar Center, Vince/Music City, Nadine Mackey (SASI), Dawn Cody (Goodwill), Barry/Terrapin Station, Catherine Grace& family, Margaret Freiert, Lisa Stuart, Bernard Gordon, Jan Wood, Natalie Deluca, Carmen Torres-Bursie, Kelley Mathieson, and Maria Oakley from (ACCES-VR), Vanessa Rehac/printing, Carolyn/Hard Rock Café, Madd Tatoo, Joelle Brown, Bill Bates/drum backline, Michael/Bomi Jewelers, Martin/The Gourmet Store, Kim/Elwood Fire Protection, Jenifer/The Healing Heart, Alissa/Osteria, Ed/Nightlife Magazine/promo, Seamus Gallivan/The Good Neighborhood-promo, The WNY Blues Society-promo, Dave/Spiral Scratch, Melissa/Filigrees, Laudromutt, Max Willig, Margaret Freiert, Renae Goeckel, Ashker’s Juice Bar, Anna Marie Sinatra from Health Matters/promo, The Gypsy Parlor, Ellen Bourn, Josh/Buffalo United MMA and The Pearl St Grill and Brewery, Blue Monk, Ellen Pieroni’s mom/Calico Corners, Paul/Colvin Cleaners, Emily/Positively Main Street, Einat Agmon, Onyx/Strange Brew, and Emily/Starbucks(Hamburg). Thank you for your sense of community support and generosity!
10. AND FINALLY, TO THE AUDIENCE AND SUPPORTERS. THOSE CARING PARTICIPANTS, WHO TOOK THE TIME OUT TO ATTEND THIS BENEFIT TO SUPPORT A GREAT CA– — USE, WITH MUSIC AS THE UNIVERSAL LANGUAGE THAT BROUGHT US TOGETHER FOR ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL YEAR!